Current areas of research.
1. Differential expression for microarray gene expression data.
2. Mixture modelling in the fully Bayesian framework.
3. Bayesian approach in wavelet estimation.
1. A.G.Bart, N.A.Bochkina. (1998) “Fiducial Distributions in Statistical Simulation of Regulatory Systems”, p.238-242, In Proceedings of St.Petersburg Workshop on Simulation, Eds. S.M.Ermakov, Y.N.Kashtanov, V.B.Melas, St.Petersburg University Press.
2. A.G. Bart, V.M. Kozhanov, N.M. Chmykhova, N.A. Botchkina, L.A. Ternovaya, H.P. Clamann. “Topological and statistical analysis of 3-D reconstructions of axon collaterals”. Neurohysiol 32:249-259, 2000
3. A.Bart, N.Alekseyeff (Klochkova), N.Bochkina. “Partial Inversion of Functions for Statistical Modelling of Regulatory Systems”. In Advances in Stochastic Simulation Methods (Series: Statistics for Industry and Technology) p.355-371. Eds. Balakrishnan, V.B.Melas, S.Ermakov, Burkhaser, Boston-Basel-Berlin, 2000.
4. Bochkina N.A. (2002) “Connection between the Distribution of Wavelet Coefficients and Besov Norm of a function.” (PDF version).
5. Bochkina N.A. (2002) “Testing Riemann hypothesis by wavelet goodness-of-fit test”
6. Bochkina N., Sapatinas T. (2005) “On the Posterior Median Estimators of Possibly Sparse Sequences.” Annals of Institute of Statistical Mathematics (to appear). (Technical report, PDF)
7. Bochkina N. (2005) “Wavelet goodness-of-fit test for dependent data.” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference (to appear). (PDF version)
28 June - 3 July 1998. The 3rd St.-Petersburg Workshop on Simulation, Saint-Petersburg, Russia. Contributed talk "Fiducial distributions in statistical simulation of regulatory systems".
14-18 December 1998. International Biometric Conference, Cape Town, South Africa. Contributed talk "Synapses and branch points of neuronal trees: distribution and dependence".
17 October 2001. Statistical Seminar at the University of Kent in Canterbury: “Bayesian Models and Wavelet Regression”.
28 December 2001. Statistical Seminar at St.-Petersburg State University, Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics: “Bayesian Modelling and Wavelets” (in Russian).
10-15 December 2001. European Statistical Seminar (SemStat), Gotherborg, Sweden. Contributed talk “Wavelets and Extreme Value Theory”.
27 August 2003. Statistical Seminar at the University of Cyprus: “Test of significance for dependent data”.
19 February 2004. 8th Quaterly Academic Meeting of the Clinical Sciences Centre and Microarray Centre (Imperial College London). Talk “Different approaches to analysis of BAIR microarray data”.
27 June – 2 July 2004. Workshop on Statistics in Functional Genomics (Ascona, Switzerland). “Bayesian mixture models for analysing gene expression data“ (poster, with Sylvia Richardson and Alex Lewin).
5 October 2004. 4th Genomics-Bioinformatics Day on Expression Data Analysis (University of Oxford). Talk “Statistical modelling for BAIR project“.
12-15 January 2005. 2nd IMS-ISBA joint meeting (Bormio, Italy). “Mixture models in a fully Bayesian framework for analysis of gene expression data “ (poster, N.Bochkina, A. Lewin and S. Richardson).
25-27 May 2005. Conference of International Biometrics Society, Spain (Oviedo). “Mixture models in a fully Bayesian framework for analysis of gene expression data “ (talk, N.Bochkina, A. Lewin and S. Richardson).
1990-1993 – физ.-мат. школа-интернат №45 (Академическая Гимназия), С.-Петербург
1993-1998 – first degree, Faculty of Mathematics and Mechanics, St.Petersburg State University, Russia
1998-2001 – PhD, Statistics group, Department of Mathematics, University of Bristol (with Bernard Silverman)
2002-2003 – statistician, Oxford GlycoSciences (UK) Ltd
2003 – now – postdoc, Biostatistics group, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College London (with Sylvia Richardson)
of Epidemiology and Public Health
School of Medicine
Imperial College London
London W2 1PG, UK
Phone: +44 20 7594 3325
Fax: +44 20 7402 2150